Within the "measuring-mode" of CityGuide DMS you have access to the following tools: Distance, Ellipse, Rectangle and Polygon. Additionally, you will be given detailed information about the distance, size and surface of your figure, all displayed within the map window in currently chosen units.
Within this mode you have no access to the navigation functions of your mouse. In order to move around you will have to revert to keyboard input instead.
To activate this mode, select one of the following functions under the "Measure" entry on your menu bar:
Once the mode is activated, you will be given the results of your
currently chosen tool in the toolbar of the upper part of your map
- xØ : Diameter of the x-axis of your figure (only applies to rectangle and ellipse)
- yØ : Diameter of the y-axis of your figure (only applies to rectangle and ellipse)
- Length: Length of the figure (only applicable to distances)
- Radius: Total length (circumference) of the radius of the figure
- Surface: Surface of the figure (not applicable to distances)
With the individual switches on the toolbar you can choose a certain function or delete the current function.